Nestled in 20 hectares of bush in the picturesque Huon Valley region, Tasmania, Peregrine is an alternative, independent school where community and connection come first, and where learning is valued in everything.
We believe in the capacity of our young people and support them to take risks in their play, their learning and their aspirations. Our student-centred, strengths-based approach encourages curiosity, creativity and compassion and is mastery based, regardless of age or year level.
We are always on the lookout for outstanding educators to join our community, with experience in either:
- upper primary/middle years and/or
- secondary year levels
We know that teachers are more than their year level or subject area specialisations and encourage applications from educators with a wide range of skills and interests that would support a rich learning environment across the school.
We look for educators who value relationships, community, courage, inclusion and innovation in education and who have an openness to learning with and from colleagues.
- Eligibility for full registration with the Teachers Registration Board (TRB) Tasmania and/or TAE40116 Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Willingness to be an active member of a K-10 learning community (eg. attending meetings, off-site camps, integrating secondary and primary aged students where possible)
- A teaching practice that is reflective and responsive to children’s learning and social needs in a multi-age setting
- A commitment to students as individual learners, with priority given to their wellbeing
- Willingness to continually learn and grow as a teacher
- A passion for creatively and authentically engaging students
- Planning based on children’s individual strengths, skills and interests
- Dedication to working collaboratively as part of a small team
- Flexibility in your planning, to adapt to changes in student groupings or timetabling
- Trauma-informed and restorative practices
We are an intentionally small school with a maximum of 120 enrolments, 13 teachers and 8 non-teaching staff. All of our staff support the school through the leadership of operational projects or subject-specific programs and resources. We meet regularly and work closely across the school, as well as in primary and secondary teams to share responsibility for every child’s learning journey. We are specifically looking for passionate educators who enjoy working in close collaboration with others and those who are willing to share and receive feedback, to support professional growth and our constant school-wide focus on innovation and improvement. We think Peregrine is a fun and vibrant place to work, as well as a place where we can rely on one another in collegiality and friendship.
Please email Co-Principal, Rosy Keen, with any questions you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to express interest:
You can express interest for a future role at Peregrine by completing our expression of interest form.