Teaching at Peregrine in 2022
Peregrine is a small, rural K – 10 school with a strong focus on connection, choice, creativity and community. Students are actively encouraged to participate in decision making in many aspects of the school’s operation.
The school is currently seeking an innovative and highly regarded educator to join the team for 2022.
In particular, we are looking for someone who values relationships, community, courage, inclusivity and innovation in education and whose practice is informed by:
- strengths-based, positive psychology, democratic, student agency and self-determination theories,
- project-based learning, entrepreneurial learning and inquiry-based learning programs,
- trauma-informed and restorative practices.
We are looking for an educator with specific experience in secondary maths (and ideally science), with additional skills and interests that would support a rich learning environment across the school.
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the development of the school’s program, with a mix of small ‘focus group’ teaching, community outreach and project based learning.
You can find out a little more about our school in this short video.
Teachers with secondary experience are encouraged to apply, with a preference for those who enjoy working at all levels across primary and secondary.
The position for 2022 will be part-time (0.8) to full-time.
- a passion for creatively engaging students in maths
- a commitment to students as individual learners, with priority given to their wellbeing
- the flexibility to design a range of programs for different students
- dedication to working as part of a small team
If you are interested in joining us, we’d love to hear from you.
Please click here for the Expression of Interest form.